Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Regrets & Reflections of 2004

I was reading a weekly column from Dan Savage when he devoted the entire piece to regrets he had for 2004. Thinking about it, I had to write some of my own.
  • I regret not revealing my emotions sooner than I have been doing
  • I regret not shopping smarter for consumer electronics
  • I regret not taking more personal time for myself
  • I regret not going to the beach more times than I did this year
  • I regret not waiting a few more months for Cingular to come to town
  • I regret not keeping the Cavalier and buying a motorcycle
  • I regret hitting that retaining wall after paying an insurance bill
  • I regret spending my Income Tax return way too fast on so few things
  • I regret getting mad when I shouldn't
  • I regret not buying better things for myself to enjoy
  • I regret trying to fix things that weren't broken
After I did this list, I had to do a list of things I am happy about.

  • IM happy I finally got some emotions off my chest
  • IM happy I was so involved in my friends lives
  • IM happy about everything I admitted to friends
  • IM happy I have a job I love
  • IM happy my mom has a job she loves and is appreciated
  • IM happy I own the car of my dreams
  • IM happy my friends see me as a positive influence on their lives
The happy list is short, but the way I see it, the regrets are something to learn from.

No comments: