Monday, December 20, 2004

WiFi Hotspots Part 1

In an ongoing (and fun) effort to see what places in El Paso offer the best in internet and ambience, I have started to devote some time looking for these places so I can rate them. I am going to go on a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best place to go. So far, I can say I have been to two places so far. I have only been happy with one of them.

High on my list (and its been my favorite hangout long before wireless was offered) is Kristoph's coffee house located at 1500 E-1 Lee Trevino. The absolutely best coffee in town, either hot or chilled, they have snacks and games to play while you relax and intake coffee. Newspapers and now wireless internet keeps you connected and wired. Definitely worth the trip down to east El Paso.
  • Friendly staff who talk to you out of conversation's sake, not cause they are paid to...
  • Great prices on drinks & snacks
  • Array of entertainment to keep you staying longer (newspaper, internet, games, magazines)
  • Warm, welcoming atmosphere
In all, a perfect 5 on my scale.

I have also visited a new place today that I wasn't too thrilled with. It was my first encounter with the place, and I will always give it a second chance to improve. More information needs to be gathered on that place to satisfy a review, so I will hold off on commenting about it.

No comments: