Thursday, December 02, 2004

Microwave Madness

I need to laugh right now or else I will go insane from the abnormal levels of anger I am harboring. Clauds' recent posting of her misadventures in popcornland made me laugh. I too, also remember when the typical timed setting for popping popcorn was 3:33. Matter of fact, the microwave at the radio station also will self-time to 3:33 to pop a bag of popcorn.

Well, Ivette's story reminds me of the dinosaur of a microwave my family used to have in the 1980's. Im sure you all remember, the old microwaves of the early to mid 80's weighed about 50-60 lbs. and featured faux wood grain finish and the latest in state-of-the-art black pannel touch screen buttons? I certainly remember our families GE microwave. We had it resting on a rickety fiberboard microwave stand for the longest time and it never moved. I remember that microwave would boil a cup of water in almost a minute. That bastard had only one setting: Chernobyl.

I opine about this old relec because my sister, who could pinch a dime so tight it screams, bought a used microwave. I swear this is the same microwave that we used to have growing up! Of course, she needed it transported, and of course I only had the Mustang. The bastard couldn't fit in the trunk, and it barely fit in the back seat with both kids crushed, we got that thing plugged in and radiating a hole in the formica in no time. Seeing it was so retro.

Speaking of which, I actually dusted off my old ORIGINAL Nintendo Gameboy and played a rousing game of Tetris. Kids today don't know how good they have it, with the Gameboy Advance and SP editions, they only require 2 batteries and have a light attatched to them. Our old Gameboys required 4 batteries and never played colors. I say this cause I couldn't find my Gameboy Advance...

Im not lazy, I am retro lazy.

No comments: