Wednesday, June 18, 2003

This has marketing potential

I love seeing inventive new ways of hiding PC's into normal everyday objects. One PC I saw as an example of this was a mini computer stuffed into an early model DVD player that looked like a VCR. I thought that was the best thing since sliced bread unill today. On my search of interesting things, I found the best use of an aging game system ever.

Using laptop parts and parts from several PC components, this guy made the best looking computer I have seen. Using an original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), this guy scrapped the innards of the game and replaced them with laptop motherboard and processor spec parts and the power supply is modified to fit in the small confines of the case. Heavy modifications to the case weakens the structure, but this guy seems to have overcome some of those obstacles nicely. He even used older eMachine keyboards and mice painted in a similar two-tone paint scheme to match the system and its OE controllers...

Great way to spend a month's worth of free time.

No comments: