Wednesday, June 04, 2003

It's me, right? Are people just plain idiots?

Every morning I come to work and have to deal with discrepency reports. They are essentially a report that tells the traffic department here at the station that there were commercials that didn't play, or a commercial wasn't in the computer system to play. This report is to be viewed the next buisness day to bill the clients (the advertisers) for the commercials that did play. This system works to a certain degree. If a commercial plays alright, but the commercial wasn't placed into the log correctly, its alright according to these idiots.

Im old school radio. An error is an error. For the past 3 weeks now, the same error has been happening where a commercial isn't being placed to air, and I catch it in time for it to air sometime in its scheduled time frame. I've discreped the spot many times, and no good seems to have come to fruition. Its getting to be an annoyance to sit down and write untill my hand cramps to remind these people to do their job. My hand wouldn't cramp so much if someone here at the station didn't steal my cool pen. It was ergonomic, and had a stylus for my Panasonic's touchpad.

Managment here is a joke. Our leader belittles employees from getting their raise and keeps good employees here from going to other jobs thanks to a 'No Compete' law in our contracts. Its now easily nullified thanks to an error on his part, but oh well. Im thinking of going elsewhere soon. I can't take too much more of this, the unattentive managment and the lack of better pay.

Im going to look for more cool links today. Peace!!

No comments: