Thursday, June 05, 2003

still waiting...

Well, I'm close to getting the eMachine back up and running. Im online via my dad's dinosaur of a computer. I shouldn't say much about it, this computer single-handedly survived 2 administrations (Presidential and managerial) and countless beatings at the hands of other beleaguered users at the old TV station. It's stood its punishment nicely.

Im waiting for a key code thats supposed to be arriving soon. Im just hoping it can get here so I can get all my stuff off the computer. I made the decision to put back Win ME but not to discount adding Win2000 or WinNT on a seperate partition alltogether for some practice. This is me talking tech, I try not to do that.

I checked in with the cell phone comapny and I got some conflicting reports as to how I can get the better rate for my cell phone. One option given was to get the phone, charge it to the account, and pay half of the total bill one month, and the remainder of the bill the next month. It sounds so dirty and underhanded, but it was condoned by the cell phone company! The other option is the in-store way of doing buisness, where I go in the day after the contract ends, and get a new contract, with the phone I want, for the advertised discount that is less than what the 1-800 number says.

Sounds shady and shifty, huh?

Well, I best go. Others are starting to swarm for use of the computer.

Untill next time you voyeurs.

No comments: