Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Improving & growing stronger

Im finding things out on a daily basis. I always thought that AOL Messenger was only for AOL members only. It's chat interface is free to anyone who wants it. I never knew that... Im going to load it into my laptop tomorrow, since I will be outlandishly bored at 4:45 am. By the way, my AIM screen name is MikeCalderonElP. Lets chat!

You know, I saw a commercial for Dreyers Ice Cream about a young kid contemplating the annual family gathering and how he is always carted off to the "childrens table" with his younger siblings and cousins. He watches with contempt his brother sitting with the adults in the main dining room, while he is stuck somewhere between the dishwasher and trash disposal.

I remember fondly my Aunt Lucile's house every Thanksgiving and Christmas right before her passing would be packed full of relatives to this day I cannot remember for the life of me. She never bought into the whole "childrens table" thing, and always had us younger kids along side our parents and cousins alike. I think back every once in a while to those days. She was a great old lady.

Its late. Need beauty sleep.

No comments: