Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Memories, of the way we were...

Today was a great day. I didn't update my blog this morning cause my day started off with the Interstate nearly being shut down. It was mad, they dropped it to one lane for about 8 miles. I was stuck behind 3 semi's doing 40mph. All was not good. By the time I was able to get around them, we were already out of the construction zone, so I sped up to my normal 85mph. I made it to work roughly at 5:21am...

The show was great. I hadn't worked with Mark Ross in years, and I was able to work with him this time on the show for four hours. Mark Ross had started at KTSM-AM/FM in April of 1997, three months before I joined the team. When we first started to work together, we were on the morning show/ shift and got along great. When previous (asshole) managment gave him an untimatum, Mark made the transition to television and left radio behind. Mark became the morning show host, then weekend reporter, to now being the Assistant Executive Producer for KTSM TV. In a cross-promoting effort, and collaboration with KTSM TV, both him and Jeff Lindberg stepped in to host Greg's show while he is in Houston for an ailing family member.

When he walked in today, it was like old times, only we were new to eachother as far as our tastes on air. We quickly got the hang of it, and ran. He was actually my high school substitute teacher for my last year of high school, which is odd since we have essentially followed eachother somehow or another. He laid mention to it this morning on the show, something I didn;t plan on hearing him open up to the listeners. It's ok, though. He is a good guy, and has always wanted to let people know the goodness in others that he sees.

Im still loading programs into the eMachine. Tomorrow, Mark said he was going to start sharing some of the things that he reports on for his technology segment for KTSM. It's good to have another tech guy to swap notes with.

Gonna eat. Starving.

No comments: