Saturday, May 31, 2003

...take a look to the sky, just before you die
its the last time he will

Time marches on. Yup. The bell tolls for the eMachine. Im at work right now, luckilly I never touched the laptop today, cause yesterday the eMachine took a dirt nap after comming out of Stand-By mode. I called for reinforcments for help on it and found out there's little I can do. It's time to pull Jeff out of the closet. I've been holding him up in it so he doesn't screw anything up, but Im going to see if he can McGuyver his way into the eMachine to salvage some of my files. Im planning a full on assault using ancient Windows NT technology to infiltrate and free the files I need from the NTFS holding cell they are trapped in.

Im at the station cause Im bored for one, but also for some fun times reporting on the elections that are going on. They arent much more than runoff elections from afew weeks ago. It gives me an excuse to be out and about. I mean other than being up to no good.

Its sad. I was witness to 3 accidents today, 2 while driving on the I-10. Comming close to the Sphagetti bowl, I was witness to a fender bender. A mini-van rammed the side of a sedan as they both tried to get into the offramp to US-54. They made it to the side of the road, it didn't look to me like there were any injuries. That wasn't the case after passing the Sphagetti Bowl. The winds are calm, so seeing what looks like smoke draws your attention. I saw a light green mid 90's Pontiac Grand Am come to a screeching stop on the median as its suspension was shot from the impact of being hit by a larger vehicle, like the f-250 that was shuddering to a stop on the offramp. It looks as if the Grand Am was getting off the I-10 much to the drivers disliking, so he slowed to shoot across 3 lanes of traffic, and was hit from the rear by the F-250, spinning the Grand Am, and shuddering the truck to a stop.

People aren't playing nicely on the interstate. Parknglots aren't safe either, I can attest to them. I was hit last year in a parkinglot by a teenager doing 30mph. Today, I was in a parkinglot waiting for my mom to get out of a meat market when the father of 4 insulent whelps got in the F-150 extended cab 5-speed beside me. I took notice of the spawns of Satan cause they were unruly and running around the meat market like pinheads. Mind you, the inside of this meat market is tiny, so walking room is at a premium. When the father herded the tards into the truck, he popped the clutch to start.

Drivers Education 101
When driving a manual transmission, always park vehicle with Parking Brake engaged.

Fords are weird. To start any Ford with a manual transmission, you have to press in the clutch. Well, this genius behind the wheel of a 2 ton truck thought he wasn't rolling back when he popped the clutch to start the white colored behemoth. It rolled back. I saw thru my mirrors that one car escaped the truck's destined path, but the next car, a Mercury Grand Marquis didn't. The truck clipped the rear of the Mercury, but it didn't sustain much damage. They both left the scene. I guess no harm no foul, except for the poor bastard with the truckload of brats.

Im jamming out right now, hoping that my music pisses off the asshole working right now at the SportsTicket 1380 right now. Durring the week, he likes to blast his shit loud, and with the door open. To counter act him, I have had a constant barrage of music that is obscure, and loud. Our studios aren't soundproof...

Fleetwood Mac - Peacekeeper, Go Your Own Way, Silver Springs (live)
Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much), Tiny Dancer
Cubanate - Body Burn, Human Drum, Skeletal
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls, Whiskey in a Jar
ABBA - Dancing Queen
Allison Krauss & Union Station - When You Say Nothing At All
Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'

I will update with more in a while...

No comments: