Thursday, May 29, 2003

Honolulu Baby, where'd you get those eyes
and your dark complexion, I just idolize...

All I have to say is I went into the wrong profession all together. I hadn't spoken to my good friend Ralph since mid March when he was about to take off to Las Vegas for vacation. I hate to say it this way, but it took something more pressing than our friendship to make me call after almost 3 months. Evelyn needed to get her TB shot verified, and since my only friend who is a nurse just so happens to be Ralph I called to see if he was able to do me a favor. I called his house, and was told by his partner Omar that he was already at work. I should have known as much, Ralph never has had a saturday off. I told Omar I would try again later on the week to give him a call, and said it was good talking to him and hung up.

I had recieved an email from Ralph letting me know the latest in his life. Sadly, his dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer with 6 months left to live. Other than that, his life has been excelent. He also told me in his email that he was able to get my souvenir coin from Vegas, but would be some time before I could get it. He and his partner are going on a 4 day trip to Hawai'i. Im in the entirely wrong profession. Trips to Hawai'i, cool car and independent living. Don't think that for one minute I don't know what he went thru to get to that point. Many of you didn't have to endure the phone calls at all hours of the night, trying to reassure he was on the right road in life and listening to him vent his frustrations of learning to deal with the system of healthcare. I don't belittle him for the things he had to endure to be the success he is now. Im proud of him, and just alittle jealous he is going and Im not...

Im not pouting, Im cranky.

I came into work today in a blah mood. One of my many tasks I do before airtime is record Channel 9 news, and one of the anchors is Dave Garlick. He tries to be witty on air. He tries, he really does. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When he calls me for radio updates, he is hilarious. He does an excelent Tom Brokaw impersonation that he uses on an almost daily basis. After he recorded the news, I went thru the archives of his blunders and gaffs and laughed my ass off at some of the things I wish we could air either on TV or radio.

Maybe next time. I listened today to:

Cubanate - Hate Song
Fleetwood Mac - Second Hand News, Silver Springs [Westwood One Concert Series]
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

I would have listened to more, but I was listening to Dave's goofs.

No comments: