Thursday, May 22, 2003

reflections of, the way life used to be

I cleaned my desk about 2 hours ago. Among the countless blank CDs and music CDs, I found my picture of myself and Sherman Hemsley, taken sometime in 2001. Behind that picture is my photo taken at the Hoover Damn back in April of 2000. I then bumped into my old Gameboy games, and remembered when Home Alone (the first movie) was extremely popular. Thinking about it, that kid is now 22, married, and living in New York, trying to revive his acting career. When I was 22, I was still reeling from the moving to a new building at work, and enjoying my car which was 2 years old to me.

Right now, Im staring at my cell phone renewal letter. I thought about getting a new phone along with an extended contract, but I may just go for an extension only. No money to get a new one.

Right now Im watching ESPN2's World's Strongest Man competition. This Scottish freak is carrying 2 mid-sized motorcycles around in a circle, going 110 meters. If it were me, Id take the stupid rice burners off the carousel, wheel one to the side, and use the other to hitch to the carousel and make the rounds that way.

Never outrun anything you can outwit.

No comments: