Tuesday, July 15, 2003

WHOOO! 106 degrees yesterday. One of those stay indoors days, and today may be another!

Whoo-Damn! Yeah, it was that hot. Yesterday was a nice day, however. Other than being blazing hot, it was also a good day for me. My friend Lisa, who used to be the producer for my show was in town this weekend and was wanting to meet for lunch. Lisa lives in Euless Tx, which is in the middle of Dallas and Ft. Worth. She came down so her car's A/C could be fixed, but also to get some advice about jobs. We spent some 2 hours at lunch across the street from the station at Como's. It was a blast being around her again. We spent the entire time just talking and catching up with eachother's lives, and it was refreshing for both of us, since we were almost fish out of water.

After lunch with Lisa, I headed home, only to be weighed down by the large pasta meal I took a nap. Not just any nap, but one that lasted for 7 hours. Something satisfying about a good meal and nap. They are saying that today may not be as hot as yesterday, but I don't know. It may be like 103 today, not 96 like they predict. I can at least say one thing, at least we aren't Phoenix, Az (115 in the shade) or Palm Springs, Ca (110 at noon).

I wonder what Chicago hit...

I also wonder about the strength of Hurricaine Claudette. I've seen pictures of waterspouts along the coast, and they are pretty interesting and alittle scarry. Evelyn and Yolie are in the path of the storm, and also living next to the beach. They also aren't updating their blogs to update friends that they are ok...

No comments: