Monday, July 28, 2003

Time lapse blogging
The following blog was written on my Panasonic Toughbook while waiting for the repairs to the brakes.

1:08pm
So here I sit in the lobby of the Firestone dealer in town, waiting for the car to be serviced. It’s said I will be here for a good 1 ½ to 2 hours tops for the brakes.

2:07pm
Alright, it’s now been one hour since sitting down in the lobby. The guys at Firestone have told me that I have one rotor that is gone bad and the other is salvagable. The cost of the brake service has also increased from $79.99 to $163 and change. Hunger pangs have been torturing me for about a half hour. I still have 87% battery life left in the Panasonic. I power down when I don’t need the battery, just to conserve. I wish I did that with the cell phone, it’s dead…

2:39pm
One of the things I have noticed about the way some people drive as I sit here and watch people pass, is there are what I call the Type A and Type B people. The Type A people drive as if they have the entire day to get to where they want to go. The Type B people need to be back somewhere at a certain time, and almost always are behind a Type A. I saw that instance about 3 minutes ago when a Type B person almost hit a Type A. Oblivious to the near wreck, Type A puttered along like nothing. Most times, Type A’s drive larger vehicles like Taurus, Explorer, Suburban & Tundra. Most Type B’s drive Kia, Cavalier, Civic and Metro. I fall into the Type B category myself, and next time you are on the road, see who is usually in a larger hurry to get somewhere, the person driving the Tahoe or the one driving the Neon… I have 74% battery life left.

3:04pm
You can tell by the frequency of my updates to this blog how incredibly bored I am. One thing I have noticed about the Panasonic since Im using the batteries on it is the screen is incredibly bright, as if it were plugged in. Normally, laptops will dim their screens to save on power. Mine for some reason, will pop in and out of this mode. I at least have this luxury for now. It’s also eating up a lot of power. They just called me for my car. I now have 55% juice left.

Now, Im at home. The brakes work great. Im out more money I care to announce. The laptop worked well without its power cord. I still won't have my car tomorrow. My dad will use it to go to dialysis cause he threw out his back, and doesn't want to shift gears and outreach more than he wants.

Enjoy voyeurs.

No comments: