Tuesday, July 08, 2003

It's taken awhile, but its done... damn that took forever...

I guess I tried this sometime back in June, where I was doing routine maintenance to the laptop when I screwed myself over and had to reinstall Windows 98. I had wanted to use Partition Magic 7.0 on the computer for a pagefile when I mistakenly moved critical system files. Well, after stabilizing the system I reinstalled Partition Magic on the Panasonic and it worked! This morning, I resized the hard drive and its currently in use for the Temporary Internet Files. Im also going to move my Downloads folder there.

Since changing my web browsing habits to Mozilla last month, I had noticed that some of the compatibility with common Internet Explorer 6 features weren't included in the program. It's not much of a big deal if you only use Mozilla for web browsing. I wanted to play games from Yahoo yesterday and found I couldn't cause I didn't have the Java plug-in for play. Im so glad it was the laptop and not the eMachine. On a T-1 connection, it took about 10 minutes to fully download. Sad thing is I need to also install it at home... Im not looking forward to that.

PEACE!

No comments: