Monday, October 11, 2004

Things just piss me off at times

Now I know that people with pull read my blog, so I want to clear the air once and for all. I am sick and tired of having to deal with prissy, stuck up news anchors who cannot keep schedule or read stories to the allotted time length they are SUPPOSED to. I used to work with the newsroom computers, I know ENPS just as well as anyone who works at a TV station. I WARNED PEOPLE, I ADVISED PEOPLE that the time length that ENPS gives when you write a story is WRONG and yet certain news anchors argue the time lengths as gospel truths. ENPS gives longer time totals than they actually are.

GET A WATCH AND TIME IT OUT YOURSELF. I know that the newsroom has that big fucking 2 foot diameter Atomic Clock with a second hand on it for a purpose. While they're watching the clock, maybe they can CALL when they are supposed to. 9 times out of 10 I will receive a call with less than 5 minutes till airtime and get fast, mistake laden newscasts that barely could be considered airworthy, let alone the time length we ask for. I am getting sick and tired of it.

Im off my soapbox.

No comments: