Thursday, October 21, 2004

Last night was good



Was it me, or was last night's Yankees, Red Sox game remind anyone of watching the Rodney King beating? You saw it happen but were powerless to do anything about it. It was quite a vicious beating witnessed by half the damn world, and I have to say, for not liking the game too much, it held my attention for most of the night.

I awoke this morning and came to work wondering how people's reactions were gonna be, and unfortunately, not many people that work the morning shift watched the game as late as I did last night. That's not to say that the talk shows weren't forcing salt into the wounds of the Yankees all morning. I believe Don Imus' skit said it best when one of the characters said:
Us Red Sox people may not know who our daddy is, but we sure as hell know who our bitch is"


Derek Lowe

There's no crying in baseball, but I don't think New York will hold true to that.

No comments: