Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Magic Landing, pt. 2

If there's one thing I have learned, its everyone seems to know more than they are letting on. I am in talks with someone in town who actually has the newspaper clipping from the night of the rollercoaster accident at Magic Landing. Once I get a copy of it, I will be posting it.

I also received a comment from an anonymous source:
I know some people who broke in at night, and they told me they have alarms in certain areas only. What are they trying to protect, what do they have in the buildings that they need alarms, and security guards?

Well anonymous, I wish I knew. As many people may not know, the property that Magic Landing still occupies was leased out to CFI Trucking to hold their trailers. Most of the parking lot is in use for that, but for the most part, the entire inside area of the park is untouched. My brother is an owner/ operator for CFI, but was unable to get into the locked area of the park himself. The security guards paid for by CFI had no keys to the park area, and seems to have no way to gain entrance, unless you break in.

Not that I am advocating the unlawful breaking and entering of a private property, I speculate that several of the buildings do have alarms protecting park property, such as the cash registers, beverage machines, various park equipment and even some of the dismantled rides that used to be in the park. An empty park has nothing to hide unless its property they wish to protect. I've seen pictures of abandoned parks where equipment was left out in the open only to have people destroy it, or have the park owners bulldoze it all away.

I've got a link to a defunct amusement park website on the sidebar of links on my site, but all attempts to contact the webmaster in charge of the site, or finding other sites devoted to defunct parks have failed. I haven't stopped trying, though. I will post the newspaper clipping when I get it.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

What happened to Pt.1 ?
Nothing is at Majic landing, except spiders, scorpions and owls.

Anonymous said...

Is it true that this place is hunted?? some people had told me that =)

Anonymous said...

shit, i went there! ahhh i want to say that it could possibly be haunted. go to the water tower. there are reports from numerous people saying that a white thing fckn flies and crawls. my friends said they saw it. scary. alot of it was burned down, only parts/: it's pretty cool, but freaky.