Monday, January 31, 2005

Destruction is fun

It's always fun destroying other people's things. Take this past weekend. My good friend Wilson had a laptop to which he needed destroying. Some personal information was stored on it and rather than have it fall into someone's hands, he decided to err to the side of caution and have me go over to help him destroy all evidence of the hard drive.

Well, after the fun was had, I got to work tearing apart the rest of the laptop. Let me go back first and tell you what happened to it. An electrical surge fried the motherboard. It's a Sony Vaio. Yes, it is a nice one, but nothing could have been done to salvage it. So, I got to work taking parts that survived the surge, including the monitor, DVD drive, floppy and processor.

I have to admit, destroying a laptop on purpose was fun. Destroying my old Panasonic wasn't. Speaking of the old dinosaur, I took it out of the closet the other day, I still think I can fix it. I have a better idea how to get the monitor to work, my problem is I don't think I am able to run a linux based operating system off it. Lets just see what happens first.

No comments: