Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog Day

Ah America, the only country in the known world to have a quasi-holiday devoted to a guesstimation of future weather patterns involving animals. Long, convoluted and sort-of confusing, if the groundhog sees its shadow, there's six more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow, spring comes early. Apparently, he saw his shadow, so the entire North-eastern portion of the country will remain a popsicle until sometime after April.

I spent way too much time at the Sprint store here in town yesterday. You may remember last week's phone in the rinse cycle posting, but one thing I forgot to do when I bought my new phone was get all my phonebook numbers transferred to the new phone. So I went yesterday to get it done. I spent something close to 20 minutes in line waiting just to talk to someone about the stupid thing, and had to wait an hour for the stupid technician to free his ass up to spend 5 minutes transferring data. In all, I spent close to 2 hours doing something that should have taken 15.

No comments: