Tuesday, February 15, 2005

WiFi Hotspots Part 2

So I had heard about Jitters Coffee House for some time here in El Paso, and had a chance to go and try some coffee to see how it stands up to other places here in town. I went this past weekend and found the coffee to be pretty decent. I ordered their mocha cappuccino blend coffee with their Jitters Original sandwich and was pleasantly pleased with the taste of everything on the sandwich. It was pressed and toasted, cheese dripping off the ends and surprisingly filled with bacon.

The coffee had a great taste to it and little bitter aftertaste. The seats were comfortable and abundant, and the huge 44 inch Plasma TV on the wall was a welcome surprise showing CNN (I would have had it somewhere else, but that's me) and some light music playing overhead was actually heard over the TV on the other side of the joint.

Now, this isn't a total perfect score for this joint. I didn't take the laptop with me to Jitters, which in hind sight is a good thing. I casually asked the server if there was internet access available and he said yes. The biggest problem is its a pay-per-access coffee house. This is a huge turn-off for me. Its $.10 a minute, or a flat rate of $10 an hour. OUCH.

If you would like to have a great sandwich and coffee on a lazy afternoon, checkout Jitters Coffee House at the corner of Geronimo and Montana. Just leave your laptop at home.

No comments: