Monday, June 14, 2004

I hate the weekends

No, not my personal weekends, but the weekends where people come in and use my studios and control room and fuck around with the HVAC units in here. As it is, the Clearchannel building is fucked up in its design and flawed in its ducting. Im sure if there was a fire on one end of the building, toxic smoke would prevent us from ever having a ghost of a chance escape out the back doors here on the other end.

Over the weekend, the chairs are out of place, the papers found on the set are scattered, headphones are askew in their drawer, barely contained in their respective boxes, the computer has odd log-in screen names, the computer is out of place... The list goes on. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to re-organize everything to look presentable- to whom, I don't know.

I have left so many notes for the weekenders, hosts and guests Im sick and tired of wasting valued toner and paper. It's now at the point where I just come in here on Mondays expecting the room to look like a tornado has swept through, hoping to God there isn't something early in the morning to record. Also, for some unbeknownst to me reason, the assholes who work the weekends crank up the HEATER in the middle of the fucking SUMMER and it never adequately cools off when I switch the controls back to AC.

I say this cause right now I am sitting in the talk set, fucking shivering because some asshole this weekend decided they were too fucking cold & cranked up the heater. When I walked into the studios, they were so fucking hot I had to kick the AC to run at 68 degrees to cool everything down. BOO-FUCKING-HOO YOU BUNCH OF MOOCHING SHIT-HEADS. Go back to your own Goddamned control room and heat that place up like an oven & stay the fuck out of my room. I oughta take the damned computer AC cable from the computer each time I log off at the end of the day, that will cut down on the problem. They enjoy this studio because of the lush, leather chair and privacy...

Is this why the keyboard is sticky?

No comments: