Monday, June 21, 2004

Friday defies belief

I will back-track and say that for the record, I have had bad luck at the restaraunt called Cheddars. Ranging from general drunken stupors resulting in the loss of a cellphone to poor service and food quality, it was a wonder that when Friday evening's dinner plans were made, the fateful decision to go there was agreed on by the three of us (Yolie, Lupe & myself). Mind you, this is the summertime, 6pm on a Friday evening. There is no wait for a table.

Sitting down, I noticed the ketchup bottle had been settling for some time, the water inside the ketchup was at the top. I proceeded to shake the bottle without checking to see if the cap was on right. Luckilly, things didnt get too out of control. A quick visit to the restroom for some wet towels and the mess was gone. Our food came out correct and cooked properly. It was delicious, just as I remember the food quality to be when the chain first arrived in El Paso 2 years previous.

Well, we leave the restaraunt and head out to the car which I found as close to up front parking without using my parents handicap parking plaque. I open my door and unlock the passenger side with the intentions to drop the convertible top to allow Lupe to get in when I see something fly past my periphrial vision. I saw Yolie's pockets had money coming out the top of one pocket and told her some of her money was flying away in the breeze. She insisted it wasnt hers and picked up the rouge bill. That bill was $100.

We were amazed at our find. We instantly thought of things to do with that money, when as we were handling it, a portion of the right hand side of the bill tore off. I assure Yolie that any bank would replace the note since we had all the pieces from it. Satisfied, she carefully folded the money & placed it in her purse. We arrived at Putt-Putt golf afterwards & Yolie placed her purse in the trunk of the Mustang. We were playing golf for about an hour and raced along the go-kart track afew times when we decided to go next door to Wal-Mart for Yolie's dad's Fathers Day gift. Opening the trunk, the purse was still there, the $100 was gone.

Yes, I did have the keys, but Yolie and Lupe took the keys from me and went to the Mustang 2 times to get various items from the trunk. Whatever happened to that $100 is a mystery to us. Im planning to tear apart the car today and try and find the rouge bill.

No comments: