Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Things I don't get
by Mike Calderon

I don't get why banks have to change their web designs ever few months or so. It makes loading & reloading pages so inconveniently difficult on a 56K modem tricked out to 115MBPS to get things loaded while downloading movies.

I also don't get why some companies think that by boosting morale, end product will go up. *If I bust my ass off twice as hard, the only one gaining from it is the company. What kind of incentive is that? Case in point, there is a Western Day on Friday at work; all employees are urged to wear a rediculous cowboy get-up for Rodeo tickets. The kicker is you cannot use real guns. Why? Affraid we might do something? Rodeo tickets? No trip to Ruidoso for the weekend, no $50 gift card somewhere? RODEO TICKETS?

Why are some companies so cheap, they skimp on the good toilet paper? Anyone here ever use four sheets of paper to wipe their ass in a hurry? I know Im not the only one on this one.

Why are some people dense? Dense enough to make murky ink look like a supernova? Why do these people get away with murder while we all have to abide by the rules & get chastised for the wrong things?

I know its not just me. I had to vent. Thanks for reading it.

*also seen as an example in the movie Office Space

No comments: