Saturday, September 06, 2003

Plumbing 101 - Volume 2 in a series from Real Life

Today I did something I never thought I'd do. I replaced the entire underpinnings of a kitchen sink, including garbage disposal and all accompanying pipes and tubes from the dishwasher. It took some $160, and a hell of a lot of cursing. The most rewarding part is I did it all myself. There is a slight leak up by the air vent for the dishwasher, but that will be dealt with tomorrow. Alittle more blumbers tape will fix that up nicely. In all, this is what it took:

1 pipe wrench
1 roll plumbers tape
1 tub plumbers putty
2 ball peen hammers
1 automotive floor jack
2 4x2 pieces of scrap lumber
1 can Liquid Wrench
1 pair oversized pliers (special tool for semi trucks)
and most importantly....
my back!

ow ow ow ow ow ow

No comments: