Sunday, September 28, 2003

Money means nothing if there are more important things in your life

I came to that epiphany last night going home after 2 parties. The first was a celebration of life & sharing of joy with others, and the second was a celebration of life and friendship & comeraderie. I was first invited to the marriage of Albert & Norma at 6pm last night and was invited to a party later that night of a couple of friends of mine. Both celebrations were tastefull, not too exuberant and not too spartan.

It was on my way back home after both parties that I realized that so many people have invited me into their lives as I have done for them. Evelyn, Yolie, Joe & Ivette have seen my family thru the harshest and the most triumphant. I have seen Evelyn & Yolie's brother get married infront of friends and family and openly welcome me as one of their own, traveling hundreds of miles to do so. Transversely, all had laid witness to my families pitfalls with the many deaths of loved ones.

I guess it wasn't untill last night that I fully realized one thing. Each and every one of my friends regards me as someone sacred, someone they can trust and in turn can be trusted. We aren't affraid to say anything to another for fears of being ridiculed and mocked in ways others dont know or understand. We have already been thru the phaze of testing the waters to see what may happen if... happens. I realized that the friends you hang onto are always going to be there no matter what happens. There is no ammount of money in the world that could buy the kinds of friends I have.

It's pretty good, guys.

No comments: