Friday, May 06, 2005

Weather

Last night I was treated to a beautiful lightning show before the rains hit the house. I remember listening to the rain come down and it started to relax me a lot. Then, an interesting thing happened. I was lying in bed and in my mind, I was back in Corpus Christi. The humidity was high and the smell of rain water on the ground reminded me so much of what Corpus smells like at night. I expected to look out the window and see Dodridge Park on Corpus Christi Bay and the winds coming off the water, or one of the last nights I remember both Evelyn and Yolie lived in Corpus prior to Yolie's wedding where we were driving around and going to Evelyn's hospital at night. I didn't smell the salt in the air, but it surely felt like south Texas.

So Wednesday I get the overwhelming urge to install the original Sims game for PC on the laptop. I have the second series for the Sims (Sims 2) but doesn't play too well on my system. I loaded it and have been having so much fun the past few days it's strange. I've downloaded many of the cheats that Evelyn gave me (which, yes I need to give them back) and have been playing the game in the most inopportune times. It's ok though. It's not like it's interfering with my work or anything.

Matter of fact, I think I might turn on the game right now...

No comments: