Friday, May 27, 2005

I wasn't going to update

Ah, JoJo, this sort of thing has to stop. This is what JoJo sent me to my email this morning.

Subject: TX Driver's license

This was news to me. I got my license out and looked. Something all Texans should know, especially since this has received very little publicity. Your Texas driver's license has a phone number on the back, just above the bar code on the lower left side:1-800-525-5555. (It's VERY SMALL PRINT but it IS there.) Texas
Roadway Assistance. This number can be called for emergency assistance on the highway or wherever you might have trouble while in your car. A service truck will be sent to you. This service is state operated, paid for with your tax dollars.
If you are ever stranded, just call the number on your driver's license...help is on the way. A state trooper will be sent to make sure all is well.

This one is worth passing on to all the Texas People you know!

Oh, JoJo... You should know better...

First off, if there was an agency providing funds for this, it would be available for all 50 states. Second, it's half true. Living in the state of Texas myself, the phone number IS on the back of my drivers license, but as far as it's being a free thing, the call is free. The tow service will cost you.

If you think I am lying about this one, check out my resource page. Break The Chain.org is one of the best websites out there that will help you debunk any chain letter you get.

No comments: