Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I wish I was making this stuff up

I go to this one place to get my hair cut every time. Lately, the usual stylist I get has been missing, so I settle for whoever is there. I sat down and was listening to this older guy and that Charro looking chick talk - well, they were loud enough for the entire complex to hear. It was friendly conversation, but that Charro looking chick is dumber than the sack of hair she has to throw out every day.

I sit down and patiently let the girl doing my hair do her thing and I am listening to the guy go on and on about how he was born in Kansas - and before I go on, how many times will that God awful joke be said "IM not in Kansas anymore" be said by every stupid yokel that had enough sense to move away from that dead state and use it on every poor bastard within ear shot? Anyways, he cuts that joke and gives the other one liner about the state of Texas "I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could".

So, I am trying to block out those stupid lines as the conversation seems to get louder as the Charro chick is washing this guys hair. I guess vocal volume increases as intelligence decreases. The guy goes on to say that he goes to AA meetings, and may the divine powers that preside over the vast majority of the populace strike me down if I am lying when the stupid ditz says "Oh, you're a teacher for AA?".

Saying it once isn't enough. The guy says "No, ma'am, AA, for alcoholics". She then says without batting an eye "Oh, so you're a student?".

I had one of the largest urges to laugh my ass off had it not been for the lady already cutting my hair. He then corrects her again and explains what AA is. She then says "Oh, so you're more of an instructor?".

DEAR GOD, WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS WOMAN? I am literally at the cusp of getting up and saying something inappropriate when my haircut is finished. I had to leave. Fast. As I was walking to the front to pay, she managed to cut her hand as she was cutting this guys hair. That was it. I had to get out of there faster. She's dangerous with the human language, and now she's proven her mental incapacity by slaughtering herself with her own tools of the trade.

There are days I give up on humanity and hope that the next animals to walk the earth are a lot smarter than us.

No comments: