Tuesday, April 12, 2005

So I have this dream yesterday...

Surprise, surprise, it was about the Mustang, Corpus Christi, Padre Island and the beach. I arrive at the beach on a day similar to the day I first stepped foot on the beach back in 2003 when the remains of hurricane Claudette screwed with the surf and tides. It was an overcast day in my dream, a healthy wind coming off the waters kicked the breakers into a tizzy and I swore I heard the ocean in my dream as if I were there.

I was walking the beach, I think Ralph was with me in the dream, remembering that he was with me this past vacation back in January. We walked a good distance down the beach when another of our friends joined us on the beach. We laughed because this second friend parked next to my car down the beach and we continued to walk the remainder of Padre Island.

Well, the winds started to kick up more, and the waves were starting to reach farther up the beach, close to where our cars were parked. We all realize this and start running to where we parked and sure enough, the tires on both cars were starting to sink into the sand. We all sort of laughed and saw our other friend jump into his car and move it. When I open the door on my car, I see that the waves somehow had piled wet sand into the passenger area of the car, the seats, the floor, the dash, all covered in wet sand.

I remember in my dream scooping it all out with my hands and finally driving the car out of the beach. I thought it was a weird dream because I hadn't put the top down on the car in the dream, so how did the waves put sand in the car?

Well, thinking about what I dreamt, I decided to go to a favorite website I have relied on for years to help explain the dreams I have had over the years. Dreamloverinc.com has a great dream dictionary, so if you want to make your own assertion from what I wrote, go ahead. I already have an idea what I was dreaming and why.

No comments: