Thursday, April 21, 2005

FEAR

So I am at work yesterday. I dare not say I wasn't working, but I was in the same room my boss was, listening to what he has to say. My friend Vanessa comes in, chats with us all, then reminds me about a lunch date we had made the week before. She leaves. My boss leaves. I stay chatting with my supervisor and am standing in the doorway not facing people coming in. Vanessa sneaks up behind me and scares the hell out of me by grabbing the side of my ribs and SHOUTS her words.
  1. I hate people touching the side of my ribs, I hated my brother doing that to me, I hate others doing the same.
  2. I hate being scared so OFTEN.
  3. She always manages to scare me.

So, I calm down and wait till the end of my shift. Noon comes and I head over to the studios Vanessa is recording in and find she isn't there. I wait, and wait, and wait. I give up, walk the building, then get the idea of scaring the living shit out of her in her own studio. I walk back and stay standing at the wall the door opens up against and just wait. It took less than a minute when I hear her voice in the hallway. I think to myself I can't do it with someone following her, but realize she is merely talking to someone in the hall.

I take my place at the door, she opens it. She isn't looking in my direction right away, so I spring out of the door and scream loudly at her and raise my hands in the air in a Yetti-like pounce straight out of a Scooby Doo cartoon. She screams out of sheer terror and recoils towards the other side of the room when she figures out that it was me. I am now starting to bust out in laughter, she is now starting to do the same after the initial shock is gone and throws her keys on the floor and punches me in the arm.

It was something close to an hour after the initial scare and she was still shaking from the fear. She told me that she was going to raise the bar on our game of one-upsmanship.

Bring it on...

No comments: