Monday, March 21, 2005

Some changes are being considered

Well, this weekend was another one of those 'sit-on-your-ass-all-weekend-and-do-nothing' sort of days that are starting to become more common with me. On the plus side, I spent some time with my friend John trying to get a modem to work with SuSE on the laptop. We also tried a great Japanese restaurant while we were at it, and I have to say I was impressed with that. I also had my first ride in a Mazda Miata, and all I have to say is its a street legal go-kart with bumpers.

An idea that I have been toying with involves Blank Media itself. I've been considering turning the websites updates to only once a week, but a good update that's well worth the wait. However, the more that I think about it, the more I realize people don't want to wait forever and a day to update their site. Take Apechild.com as an example. They have been online for something close to like 4 years, and they promised sometime in January they would be back with new content and a new look to the website. Well, for reasons unknown, there has been no update and so many people are quite bitter.

Not saying I will get the same sort of harsh flame mail from the readers of this blog, but I don't know if I want to take that chance. I might try it in a few weeks, but I might drop the idea all together when I have things I wanna get off my chest.

On a sad note, John DeLorean, automotive designer responsible for the Pontiac GTO and subsequent former Pontiac General Manager has died. You might remember his innovative stainless steel car with gull wing doors was immortalized by the movie Back to the Future as the time machine. His questionable business practices might have doomed his company, but what he leaves behind as an automotive creator far outweighs his business downfall.

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Go for what you feel inside and go with instinct. Be sporatic! A moment of silence for DeLorean.