Monday, November 22, 2004

Weather patters are odd

Today has been one of those days where if you could snuggle up in bed with a hot cup of cocoa and a warm blanket, take the oppertunity. The rain fell lightly in the early morning hours, and let up around 9am. The sun peeked its way thru the skies a few times in the day, but the clouds eventually won over the sun later in the afternoon. It started to look menacing close to 4pm, and then the heavens just opened up and let loose. It rained pretty hard for about an hour. Lightning, thunder (rare for this late in the year) stormed the skies and turned everything damp with sound and smells. Rain is such a beautiful phenomena and rare in El Paso. I savor each moment it occurrs.

My vacation is going good. I plan to do more of the same come tomorrow and wednesday. I am trying to squeeze as much relaxation out of these days that I can. Its tough, but I know I can do it.

I am watching my cell phone as it sits here charging. Its searching for a signal every 5 minutes. It has a satellite that scans the screen looking for a signal, which it never did in the past. I think this afternoons thunderstorm might have taken out a tower and its affecting the others in town. It pisses me off cause I am getting too many dropped calls. Ce la vie.

No comments: