Friday, November 26, 2004

Black Friday

No, this isn't the movie about the bomb at the Superbowl (that was Black Sunday, not to be confused with New Order's Blue Monday) but Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving's annual "trample everyone and their grandmother down for a bargain sale price on crap you really don't need".

I found a really good website for all of you freaks who are itching to go out and see what is on sale (or if you're reading this late, already gone) in each of the stores. BlackFriday2004.com is the site you need to glance at each store and their sale items in one fair swoop. I am sitting here at work, watching the news and they periodically show cut-ins of their live trucks at local stores. One station was seated outside of the Target store on the west side of El Paso, and the line is around the store. IM sorry, but if you are number 300 in line to get in, whatever sale item you wanted was gone before panicked shopper #50 entered the front doors.

Thankfully I have to work today or else I probably would have been railroaded into going to these events. I hate this time of the year, traffic sucks, parking is a huge issue, people are rude and the roads are packed. I have the only comfort in knowing that the only store I have to go to today is PetsMart to get dog food. On the plus side, I might get my car back today!

No comments: