Thursday, November 18, 2004

Setting myself up for an expensive purchase

Ok, I had to sit back and laugh my ass off on this one. I thought to myself that it would be great if I went out and priced some new tires for the Mustang. After all, the tires on it right now arent exactly the kind Id take back out on the road. I stopped at Martin Tire and get three quotes. The cheapest I could get away with there was $488.

So, with quotes in hand I drive to the Sears Automotive store and get a quote for a set of BF Goodrich tires I really want. $448.

I jumped in the car and went around to Discount Tire and got a ludicrous quote for a set of tires that looked terrible. $598.

It hasn't been too long since the last time I bought tires, really. I bought tires for the Cavalier in December of 2002 (all 4) for $278. They were an inch smaller wheel (my Cav rolled on 15 inch wheels all around) than the Stang, and were noticably cheaper too. I am probably going to have to curtail the buying of tires until income tax time. I will get a decent return from that and use the money I have now to get the smaller things for the car. I still want to get those brakes, the Mach 1 grille, the rear honeycomb panels, new plugs & wires, black-out headlamps and tint the windows.

No comments: