Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year, New Posts

Such goes another new year's holiday, such goes another set of resolutions to be broken. I honestly haven't made any for this new year so I won't even get that far.

It's good to be back, I had been on vacation from the radio station for 2 weeks, but somehow seems longer. It was absolute bliss to wake up at less of an ungodly hour every morning (save for the idiots who called me at 6 & 7am respectfully) and leisurely get things done. However, not all has been fine and dandy.

Yesterday, the stars were out to get me. I don't know who's cosmic alignment got bent out of shape, but things went down hill for me fast. Heading home on the freeway, a thick heavy plastic bag found itself wrapped around the hot exhaust pipe of my car. The car is rife with the stench of melting plastic, and is especially unbearable when sitting at a stop light. I have an appointment today with the dealership to get the oil changed, hopefully they can scrape off the plastic.

As if yesterday wasn't uncomfortable enough, issues with my second security job romped up and things are now in question as far as a dispatch, and as far as my original intent on employment. So now there's that air of uncertainty that's going to linger.

Speaking of lingering. I had just bought food for dinner for me and my dad when I got home and tried to get out of the car. Then, without warning (actually, the warning was earlier in the day when I felt a slight ache in my back) my back gave out. There I stood outside the car for 5 minutes before summoning help from my dad. I've been laid out on my back all night, and today I am walking with a severe impairment. Shifting gears was pretty rough, just as I get into a good rhythm -ZING!- there's a shooting pain that catches me off guard and brings me back to reality.

Sitting and standing up a few times, I have felt a few vertebrae pop and go back into place, but not all of them have done so yet. Oh, the next few hours are going to be fun.

That's it as far as I go. Not much has been happening, nothing of note to write about, that's for damn sure. Teddy & Yolie are already asking me when I am taking my vacation so I need to coordinate with them so we can hit a Cubs game. Other than that, I might be heading up to New Hampshire for a weekend to take care of some paperwork for the non-profit, but that schedule is up in the air.

This new year is starting up really strange.

No comments: