Sunday, January 08, 2006

Berry Blast From The Past

Here I sit at work on a Sunday evening, trying to shake some of the bad mojo that's been really miring down what should be some good days. Along my search for things of interest, I completely slammed my internetmobile to a halt when I found this:

Son of a Smurf!


Now, growing up in the 1980's this was something I looked forward to seeing every morning when I woke up. Damn, I remember living at our other house, sitting in my high chair eating this in the kitchen on Saturday mornings and listening to the cartoon play in the living room as my brother and sister sat glued to the damn radiation king (a.k.a. the console TV) and watched for hours all of the other Saturday morning cartoons.

When I get the chance, I need to start photoshopping some pictures I have of my old house and remove the Christmas decorations to show what the house used to look like. I remember riding my Big Wheel outside a lot. I also remember wearing a dimple into the huge plastic wheel from skidding to a stop so many times. I remember my sisters room was a hideous yellow wallpaper monstrosity that only could have been a bastard child of the 1970's (the room, not my sister). I don't remember what my room looked like at all, but always remember my parent's room.

*sigh*

I also remember the pack of neighborhood dogs that started to surround me while I was outside one morning. I can never figure out why I was outside at such an ungodly hour...

Ah, cherished repressed memories.

No comments: