Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tis the season

Remind me to tell you about the fucked up dream I had last night.

After doing some laundry the other day, I came to the realization that Levis are an inferior quality jean. I own several pair of jeans from at least 8 years ago that still fit, and are ok to look at, but are starting to show their age. The new ones I bought aren't fairing too well, tears along the seat, belt loops that are torn from their stitching and buttons that are tearing free of their anchors are really starting to annoy me. Paying $45 a pair and having 4 out of 6 pair fucked up IS fucked up!

So I went to the mall on Monday. Yes, the mall. Cielo Vista Mall. I have an account at J.C. Penney's. I figure I had some cash on the card to go purchase some new clothes. I get there and find every single style of jeans featuring my size is out of my size. Terrific. So, I am hunting the entire stack of clothing in every bin when the guy standing less than 2 feet from me cuts a pretty hefty fart. I freeze and look at him, to which he looks at me and casually walks away!

I was heavily disturbed. I grabbed several pair and ran into the changing room. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but I was making good headway at being disgusted. I tried several pair on and decided to just leave everything there and try my hand at shopping for clothing online. I had several pair of various sizes so I could judge what brands fit at what size so when I order online, I didn't need to actually try them on and return them if they were incorrect. The less time I spend at the mall around really gassy people the better.

I might take another stab at the mall, but I doubt it. People wonder why I don't enjoy the mall.

No comments: