Thursday, August 18, 2005

Yesterday in pictures

So, on my way home from getting paid, I saw the rain starting to creep up at us.

I-10 East looking at Socorro

I had gone home because I needed to drop off the laptop and do some things without thinking about it in the car. So I reached in and grabbed the camera and decided to take some pictures of the coming rain.

Lake Dryden

I got home and lightning and thunder were all around me. Lighting up the mid-day skies scared the crap out of me, so I bolted inside and left the laptop and other things in the house. The above picture is of me leaving the driveway at the house, the river I am in front of is my street, choked with water from the torrential rain.

Clone

I got to the end of the block and saw this car pass me. Its my car exactly, only it was an automatic transmission. I thought it was kinda strange to see a clone in the same neighborhood, and ironically, its from the same dealership.

Lee Trevino & Trawood

So on my way to look for a wireless router, I drove all over town. I took to the side roads because of the rainfall. The street drainage system was overtaxed and wasn't dealing with the water at a fast enough pace, so many streets were hella flooded. I averaged 15mph in 2nd gear most of the time on the road.

That's all the pictures I took. I would have taken more, but I was driving a 5 speed. You try to navigate the wet roads and take pictures at the same time. More to come later!

No comments: