Saturday, August 13, 2005

Vindicated

It feels good to be vindicated. Six years ago, I used to co-host a weekend show, and was ousted because I was "too young for the job" by the shows agent & salesman. It was sort-of a win-win situation, I had a chance to go ahead and have my Saturday mornings off & sleep in. Still, I was removed from the show and miffed about it.

This past Tuesday, I was asked by management to go ahead and fill in for the guy who took my spot. I didn't think twice about it, but also I didn't want to go in on a Saturday morning. Working at Sonitrol on weekends means that weekend mornings are the only chance I get to sleep in. Still, I agreed and went in.

During the show, the co-host and myself would banter coming out of commercial sets, and one in particular was interesting. He stated that he "would choose (me) over that other guy any day". He said this on air, and eluded to it a good number of times.

It was the vindication I was always looking for. The sort of knowledge that I was doing a great job and the listeners were happy about it. I feel better about myself today.

No comments: