Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Memories

So with everything that has been going on with me the past few weeks with my second job, I started to look at the pictures taken at Magic Landing back in May. I also took a look at a satellite photograph that was emailed to me around the time that the park was being built.

I started to remember some sounds and sights from the park. I sit here with m eyes closed (a true typing skill) remembering the sounds from when I was 4 or 5 years old. I can see its late at night, around 9pm or so, and I can hear the whirl & humming sound of the hydraulic pump that powered the ride "The Rainbow" as it sent its riders on a circular path up and down. I remember sitting on a park bench with my mom and dad as I would see the ride, lit up in magnificent yellows and oranges, with neon tubes making up the colors of the rainbow as it would move and gyrate. In my mind, the sound of the hydraulic pumps almost sounded like a team of monks chanting, holding a steady 'E' note. I remember this because I loved the way it sounded.

If you'd like to see what ride I am talking about, the ride is still a staple of may other amusement parks around the country and is in use. Click here for the picture!

No comments: