Monday, August 08, 2005

Things I do to pass the time

I am taking a small break at work right now, but I thought I would update the website with some things I do to pass the time between jobs and between the time I have before one job and after another.

IM learning to be patient, that's for damn sure. Usually, I have that overwhelming voice in my head that tells me to be somewhere at a certain time of day. I've slowly been killing that voice with a steady stream of monotonous, tedious tasks. I am also going out and hunting down the strangest, yet somewhat practical baubles for office ease. Such as these retractable reel clips for your ID cards. I started to really hate pulling out the wallet to get the security pass to the building every time I got to work, so now its conveniently placed on my body, not in the wallet.

Trying new food is also something I have been doing the past few weeks. Several restaurants I wouldn't go in to use the restroom I am now trying out for lunch. More notably -- well, I at least pass by these places. You can't expect me to change that drastically. I am, however, eating more foods indoors at the restaurants. Today, I ate at Mc Donnalds. I tried not to look like a total asshat when I nearly slipped on the just Mc Scrubbed floors, but I ate with relative ease knowing I didn't waste gas in line, and the somewhat brush with social interactions outside a speakerbox didn't ruin my otherwise sunny disposition on my fellow denizens of the burger joint.

I've also been on a strange reading kick. Not the worthy publications, either. Well, Mens Health mags and Import Tuner mags are now in my reading pile -- and by pile, I mean the accumulation of magazines in my now increasingly heavy laptop tote has increased the weight of a 12lb laptop to somewhere near 35lbs. At this time, I have in the laptop tote bag:

  • Dell Inspiron 1000, AC Adapter
  • Microsoft InteliWheel Optical Mouse
  • Kodak 2.0 Megapixel Camera, USB cable
  • Dell 801.11b,g wireless card
  • Antec Cool Pad
  • The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
  • Skipping Towards Gommorah: The 7 deadly sins and the pursuit of happiness in America by Dan Savage
  • Men's Health - Sept. 2005 issue
  • Import Tuner - Aug. 2005 issue
  • Sport Compact Car - Aug. 2005 issue
  • Hero - DVD
  • Office Space - DVD

Hefty load, isn't it?


So that's me in a nutshell. Tonight is my last night here at the security company before having to come back on Friday to do it all over again. I am going to enjoy my evenings off for the next three days, and will look forward to updating a few more times this week. I have just had one of the largest cases of writers block!

No comments: