Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Movies like this shouldn't exist

So yesterday I went home and had some lunch. While eating, my dad was in control of the satellite and landed upon the most sorriest excuse for an action movie, waste of studio dollars and (in my opinion) single handedly set the genre of cheesy action movies back about 15 years.

No fear. No rules. No equal. All crapola!The Ultimate Weapon was by far, the worst movie I had ever seen, and I suffered through the original Stargate movie. An obvious audio-dub* from Germany, this movie epitomizes the fact that Terry "Hulk" Hogan cannot get a decent job to save his career. The scenes I saw were sorry examples of acting ever filmed, actors who literally waited for their cues to perform their line/ action shot, then looked at the camera & then (apparently) the director and back to the action! I was just sitting there thinking to myself WTF?

Then, the coup-de-grace was the scene where the supporting actor punches the pilot of the helicopter (one of the most convincing punches seen yet far in this clap-trap) and commandeered it with the 'Hulkster' and they blow up a small weapons bunker in what looks like Northern Canada. When I next paid attention, the 'Hulkster' was returning home (which ironically looked like the same area the exploded cache of weapons was built) and told his girlfriend of countless years he finally wanted to marry her. Man, talk about pulling out the book of "How to make a cookie-cutter action flick with cheesy C-list actors" and following the formula!

I had enough. I walked out, but not before looking at the release date. It was 1997! I thought movies like this were long considered obsolete when Rambo burst on the scene and made meat-pulp out of crap like this.

Avoid at all costs.

*audio-dub - to replace audio on a track with another track, usually done to foreign films.

No comments: