Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sloth & Leisure

Yesterday was pretty damn good, got the new plates for the Neon from the dealer & for the first time in a really long time, I took my car thru a carwash. I couldn't take any of my previous convertibles thru one, mainly because the high pressure "Touchless" carwashers forced water thru the weather strip cracks & in one instance, soaked my parents who borrowed my car - I remember getting the phone call immediately afterwards.

The other style of carwash (with rollers & strips of soapy terry cloth) was too violent for a convertible top to withstand (the Mustang's previous owner drove it thru and bent one of the support bows in the top) so when I bought the car, I realized that I was going to finally be able (since the Cavalier) to run it thru the carwash. It was so sweet. Got it washed, waxed & looks - well, good as new!

Then, yesterday the water level in the AC dropped, and the house started to heat like a convection oven set to 'Discomfort'. So, remembering the Christmas present I bought for my parents last year, I pulled out the foot spa and threw in a pitcher of water, ice & water softener and just turned it on and let it all soak. Oh, how sweet that little foot spa is. I just set it at the foot of my bed, lie down, then turned it on & was in absolute heaven.

I'd have taken pictures, but the camera's batteries are dead. I really should invest in some rechargables...

No comments: