Monday, June 20, 2005

R.I.P. 2001 Ford Mustang

Can't we let it go? I did. Hell, I said my final goodbye's to the car on Wednesday. I actually shed one tear for the Mustang when I handed the keys over to the Dodge dealership after I unceremoniously stripped the XM Radio & K&N FIPK kit off the car, but so many people I know still:
  1. Can't believe I traded in my dream car
  2. Bought something smaller than the Mustang
  3. Bought something that wasn't a convertible, OR one of the new Mustangs...
I am starting to get straggles of friends coming up to me wondering why I am driving what looks like a rental. The response is always the same, wide-eyed expression & incomprehensible understanding of why I would even think of getting rid of the car. I had always said that I never knew who got more pleasure out of the Mustang, me, or everyone else.

Well, its time to move on. I am satisfied knowing that I owned my dream car, and unlike the Chevrolet/ Pontiac Camaro / Firebird, the Mustang will keep going. There will always be a Mustang, so it will always be on my list of cars to buy. I think its time everyone else lets the Mustang Rev In Peace. May she serve her next owner as well as she served me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go mike. It doesn't matter what others say. Don't let it bother you. You did what you had to do for a good reason. I like ur new car aka (Penny) good name for it.

Mentalism said...

Go for Star, first off is your car is female right?????