Wednesday, June 29, 2005

If it's not one thing, its another

You might remember a few months ago I was slightly irate about the choice of toiletries given to us in the men's room. Our toilet paper would either dole out 2 squares and tear off because of such a good serration job done by the overworked & underpaid 3rd world workforce manufacturing our quality product that is always manufactured slightly larger than the dispenser opening so that the roll is impossible to turn without shredding your hand from trying to grasp at the roll & turn from behind the plastic partition OR would unravel all over the floor because the same overworked & underpaid 3rd world workforce didn't even BOTHER to serrate the tissues apart.

Well, I think they finally purchased a few hundred rolls of the quality sandpaper tissue that we all know oh so well, but now are letting the air conditioning here in the building lax because of several reasons.

A few weeks ago, I approached the Station Manager and asked if it was possible to do something about the lack of AC coolness at 5am when I start work. The ambient temperature of the parking lot matches the indoor temperature & thermometer in the building. I was told that because the people on my side of the building "keep changing the temperature to extremes", the ability to change the AC settings were going to be revoked from our digression. So it happened. Damn it was fucking hot for most of my shift until around 11am the units kicked on. Of course, this is an hour before I leave to go home, so I get some cool air before hitting a hot car.

So, today - fed up with having to deal with the hot room temperature, I took one of the small desk fans I had found at the house with me to work. Wouldn't you know the AC units are finally working?

I actually hate to say "what's next?" but I just did.

No comments: