Monday, August 02, 2004

A very productive weekend indeed

Ok, lets back track for a minute. Last year, before I bought the Mustang, I had made a list of items that I would love to get as a Christmas gift. One of the items (other than the Mustang and the XM Radio and the K&N Air Filter kit etc) was the iPod.


click image for Apple website

Well, as luck often dictates itself around me, things fell into place nicely. A week ago, Yolie, her husband Teddy, her cousin and myself were in circuit City browsing for some blank CD's to burn wedding pictures when I saw the clearance isle in the front of the store. There, among the returned items was a 10 gigabyte iPod.

Apple no longer makes 10 gig iPods so this one was a rare find. This one was out of the box, but it was complete. I joked with Yolie and Teddy that this would have been a nice little "thank you" gift from them and we all laughed it off and they bought the blank CD's and we all left. I figured in my mind that would have been the last I saw the iPod until I got a wild hair up my ass and went back into circuit City this weekend.

I had no intentions on buying the iPod, after all, I figured someone else would have bought it long before the weekend was up. Just for shits and giggles, I did look at the clearance isle just to satisfy my mind. There, along side a 30 gig iPod was the 10 gig iPod sitting right where I remembered it to be. I left it alone for a moment while I looked around the store at some new monitors, but something inside me kept calling me back.

So, after pontificating the possibilities and running the logic of buying something so gaudy and unipurpose, I fell into the moment and bought it. It took me 10 minutes to get the hang of the controls and the menus, but right now as I am typing in this entry, I am jamming out to half of my Fleetwood Mac collection. I haven't even put a dent in the iPods capacity for holding songs, and I haven't even started to download songs.

PS, I got the iPod at a clearance price of $239, the 30 gig iPod was on clearance for $349. It pays to look for a bargain.

No comments: