Monday, February 09, 2004

Move over 'Little Old Lady from Pasadena'...

I left work today oblivious to roadwork on I-10. Of course, it was the left lane closed up ahead so naturally, they have to disrupt the flow of traffic for 2 miles before the actual coned off areas. So, I piddle along (something impossible for a Mustang) and try not to allow too many cars into my lane all the while making sure I had enough distance between me and the cars infront and behind me.

So, I check my side mirrors and keep an eye on the rickety old Pontiac trying to edge his way into my front clip when out of nowhere a Caprice stationwagon jumps right behind me. I took particular notice to the driver. When you mistake the headpiece worn by a nun for the stupid mask from Scream, you tend to do a double take.

She had the focus of Mario Andretti, the speed of Jeff Gordon and the determination of a bulldog trying to pull his chain from the wall as she changed lanes with such authority and conviction, I actually felt intimidated...

Yes, I do have testicles, shut up.

No comments: