Friday, May 21, 2004

Movie Reviews I

I was told about the movie Kung-Pow enter the fist by my friend at work Vanessa. She swore up and down that it was the greatest comedy ever made. I have to disagree.


Kung Pow Enter the Fist

Maybe I wasn't giving it a chance. After all, it does warn you at the begining of the movie it was a film made in the 1970's that they dubbed over the dialogue & added the plainly American actor. But it's within this foreboding that lies the worst acted & scripted film-noir meets cheezy Godzilla voice-over works I have ever seen.

Maybe it was the golpher nun-chuks or the needless fighting sequence with a cow, but there was really no point to making or releasing this clap-trap of crap, let alone make a DVD about it. The basic premise of the movie is about a chosen one who's family was killed when he was an infant. After a life of hard-knocks, he practices to avenge his family and does in the end. Why someone thought it would be hilarious to add himself into the movie with comedic and childish jokes (including fart jokes) is beyond me.

Save your money. Rent it for a night, or whatever is the cheapest. If you actually enjoy this time-waster, you might be drunk. God knows I needed to be to actually pay attention to it.

Untill next time, the DVD tray is empty.

No comments: