Monday, May 17, 2004

I dont get it, lets see if you do...

Its no mystery that Corpus Christi is my adopted home, so when news breaks involving the city, I will take notice. Ive got close friends who live out there so it matter to me what happens out there. While meandering around the house on friday, news broke about a truck that hit one of the bridges leading to the Harbor Bridge in downtown Corpus.

Harbor Bridge

Sadly the driver was killed, and it also seriously affected the surrounding areas with nightmarish traffic snarles. Check out the kind of dammage done (click on video option)...


So obviously as I watch the video about the accident (thanks to KRIS TV) I notice some of their other headlines. Storms are almost everyday occurrences in Corpus and the surrounding areas (Houston, San Antonio, Austin, etc.) and lately, they have been hitting with some strong force. KRIS reported about the delays brought on by the rains this past friday, listen carefully to what is said in this report (click on video option).

Call me crazy, but if you call yourself Corpus Christi International Airport, you'd think there would be facilities to entitle you to be a true International Airport with screening areas and INS stations. That just struck me as odd.

Travelers...

No comments: