Tuesday, September 20, 2005

So what did I learn from my one day without a cellphone?

  1. No matter how long I have been friends with people, and no matter how long they have remained under the same phone number, I still couldn't remember anyone's number.
  2. It took me 14 hours to resist the urge to call my own phone and check messages.
  3. It took me 3 tries to get into voicemail correctly.
  4. Worry set in around 11am when I couldn't see if there were any lunch appearances to make.
  5. The need to text message was mixed with the sense of helplessness when I realized even if I could, I don't have anyone's cell phone number memorized.
  6. I sat comfortably in a chair without the unsightly bulge in my pocket (you sick minded bastards, I know what you're all thinking....) from the phone.
  7. I didn't have to worry about signal strength/ battery power.
  8. I didn't use it while driving (remember, I drive a 5 speed manual).
  9. The world did not stop because I was left out of the loop.
  10. My second job is really boring without the constant chime of a downloaded ringtone to indicate that there's life happening while I am working.

No comments: